I am going to show main differences between dreamhost and hostgator.
DreamHost is a Los Angeles-based web hosting provider and domain name registrar. It is the web hosting and cloud computing business owned by New Dream Network, LLC, founded in 1996 by Dallas Bethune, Josh Jones, Michael Rodriguez and Sage Weil, undergraduate students at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California, and registered in 1997 by Michael Rodriguez.
HostGator is a Houston-based provider of shared, reseller, virtual private server, and dedicated web hosting with an additional presence in Austin, Texas.
- Both hosting providers have been around for over a decade.
2. HostGator hosting plans come with cPanel as control panel.
DreamHost, on the other hand use custom web based control panel.
Find dreamhost vs hostgator vs bluehost here.
3. HostGator was very fast and consistent in providing great server response time followed by DreamHost.
4. Dreamhost uptime is better than dreamhost.
5. DreamHost offers access to its wiki manual which consists of several troubleshooting tips, how-to articles and more. It also offers customer support via live chat, Twitter, and email. But, DreamHost does not offer any telephone support.
6. HostGator offers monthly hosting plans.